The World’s Greatest Love Story
Following the success of their sell-out production of Mary Poppins, Riverside Theatres and Packemin Production’s will present the award-winning Broadway classic, West Side Story at Riverside Theatres in February 2016. This iconic musical tells the timeless story of two star-crossed lovers caught in a turf war of rival ethnic gangs and will be a night at the theatre to remember.
Inspired by the greatest love story of all time, Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story takes us back to New York’s Upper West Side in the mid-1950s where racial and social tensions run high. A poignant, provocative and emotionally powerful piece of theatre, its score features many of legendary composer Leonard Bernstein’s and lyricist Stephen Sondheim’s most famous compositions – Maria, America, Somewhere and Tonight.
This new production will feature Luigi Lucente (Wicked, Jersey Boys, Dogfight) as Tony and Elisa Colla (Les Miserables, Wicked) who will be accompanying him on stage as Maria. Rowena Vilar (Sweet Charity, Avenue Q) will play Anita and featuring in the role of Doc will be Tony Cogin (Billy Elliot, Dirty Dancing).
Perhaps one of the greatest musicals ever written, the classic Leonard Bernstein creation that began Sondheim’s career is one of the most performed productions in theatre history.
Broadway’s Greatest Musical – The Times
Book by Arthur Laurents
Music by Leonard Bernstein
Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Based on a Concept by Jerome Robbins
Entire Original Production Directed and Choreographed by Jerome Robbins
Originally produced on Broadway by Robert E Griffith and Harold S Prince by arrangement with Roger L Stevens
By arrangement with Hal Leonard Australia Pty Ltd exclusive agent for Music Theatre International (NY)
Directed by Craig Stewart
Musical Director Peter Hayward
Choreographer Cameron Mitchell
Image Credit: Photography by Grant Leslie
Dates & Times:
Friday 5 February 11am & 7:30pm
Saturday 6 February 2pm & 7:30pm
Sunday 7 February 3pm
Wednesday 10 February 7:30pm
Thursday 11 February 7:30pm
Friday 12 February 7:30pm – AUSLAN INTERPRETED
Saturday 13 February 2pm – AUDIO DESCRIBED & 7:30pm
Sunday 14 February 11am & 4pm
Wednesday 17 February 7:30pm
Thursday 18 February 7:30pm
Friday 19 February 7:30pm
Saturday 20 February 2pm & 7:30pm
Please Note: There is a 12 minute lock out for this production. Please be on time.
Please note, Season Packages are not available to purchase online. To book a season package simply fill out a Season Booking Form and submit it to Box Office by post or in person.
To receive a copy of our 2016 Season Brochure, please call Box Office on 8839 3399.
Download a copy of our Season 2016 booking form here: Season 2016 Booking Form
Director Craig Stewart Musical Director Peter Hayward Choreographer Cameron Mitchell
Luigi Lucente as Tony Elisa Colla as Maria Rowena Vilar as Anita Tony Cogin as Doc
Full Cast List
Tony Luigi Lucente Maria Elisa Colla Anita Rowena Vilar Doc Tony Cogin Bernado Julian Kuo Riff Jonathan Nash-Daly Chino Mateo Arias Restrepo Shrank Jim Mitchell Krupke Matthew Avery Anybodys Keira Bellifemine Action Levi Burrows Arab and Tony U/S Michael Paton Rosalia Stephanie Gray Consuela Kira Leiva Francesca Jayme Jo Massoud Jets Noah Godsell, Rob Thompson, Cameron Shields, Steven Brown, Brad Roe, Joshua O’Connor, Martin Everett Jet Girls Kelly Brook, Maddison Burton, Zoe Cahill, Isobel Grundy, Amy Johnstone, Jacinta Robertson, Chloe Rosenberg, Jessica Smithson, Zoe Stewart, Ksenia Teliatnikova Sharks Mark Andres, Nathaniel Augimeri, James Coetzee, Corey Dohmen, Paul Duncan, Arthur – Lucas Koulos, Noah Taiba Shark Girls Demi McFarlane, Nathalie Rabinovici, Alana Smyth, Katherine Touma, Maddie Williams
Suitable for Years 9 – 12
$25 per student/additional teacher (1 teacher free per 20 students) Schools – Please download and fill out the booking form
- USE BOOKING FORM OR DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE WEBSITE All bookings require a completed Booking Form. Riverside’s risk assessment can be downloaded here and education support materials (where provided) are available below.
- SEND YOUR BOOKING FORM TO US Fax or email your booking form to Riverside Education Fax: 02 9683 3267 Scan and email: email@example.com Mail: Riverside Education, PO Box 3636, Parramatta, NSW, 2124. N.B. Please do not send any payments with your booking form. Riverside will confirm your booking and then forward a tax invoice for your deposit. Bookings are made in strict order of receipt of booking forms.
- RIVERSIDE WILL CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING Riverside will confirm your booking and invoice the school for a non-refundable $125 deposit. Teachers receive complimentary seating on a 20:1 ratio (unless otherwise specified). Once you have paid your deposit, your booking is secure.
- FINAL PAYMENT You can request changes to student numbers up to 4 school weeks prior to the performance. We strongly recommend making the cut-off point for students to pay the school and confirm their attendance at around 5 – 6 weeks before the performance or workshop date, giving yourself plenty of time to confirm final numbers. Riverside will invoice you for the balance, payable 4 school weeks before your performance or workshop date. At that stage student numbers are final. Bookings cannot be held if your final payment is not received and the deposit is forfeited. An increase of numbers is possible after the final payment day and is subject to availability.
- FINAL INFORMATION SENT TO SCHOOLS A letter of confirmation will be issued instead of individual tickets if you are attending a performance that has been allocated as a schools matinee. For other general public performances, you will be issued with tickets which you will be required to collect from Box Office before the performance. Prior to your visit, we will send you detailed information via email to ensure you have a hassle-free excursion. This will include updating you on any possible changes to running times or more detailed information as it emerges from the rehearsal process. Please ensure you have given a valid email address on your booking form.
- ATTEND AND ENJOY! Seating at schools performances is general admission (unless otherwise specified) and schools will be asked to enter the theatre as a group. We advise arriving at the theatre approximately 30 minutes prior to your performance. Please note all school bookings made within 4 school weeks of a performance date must be paid in full within 1 week of confirmation and are final. There are no refunds or changes to numbers or dates on these bookings. If you have concerns about meeting the terms and conditions, please contact us on 8839 3308.
SCHOOLS ACCESS AT RIVERSIDE
For information on access at Riverside Theatre please click here.
DOWNLOAD A SOCIAL STORY
Download the social story for Riverside Theatre here: Riverside Social Story
Exclusive Novotel Sydney Parramatta accommodation package available for West Side Story patrons:
Buffet breakfast for up to 2 adults and 2 children – 2 kids stay free (using existing bedding with paying adults)
2 beverages on arrival at the hotel
Tickets are additional
Dates, Times & Prices (Does not include ticket price): Friday 5 February 11am & 7:30pm – $159 Saturday 6 February 2pm & 7:30pm – $159 Sunday 7 February 3pm – $159 Wednesday 10 February 7:30pm – $199 Thursday 11 February 7:30pm – $159 Friday 12 February 7:30pm – $159 Saturday 13 February 2pm & 7:30pm – $159 Sunday 14 February 11am & 4pm – $159 Wednesday 17 February 7:30pm – $199 Thursday 18 February 7:30pm – $159 Friday 19 February 7:30pm – $159 Saturday 20 February 2pm & 7:30pm – $159