PREPARE TO BE SPELLBOUND!
Packemin Productions and Riverside Theatres will be defying gravity in their upcoming production of Wicked in July/August 2016.
Wicked tells the incredible untold story of the witches of Oz. Long before Dorothy dropped in, two other girls meet in the land of Oz and formed an unlikely but profound friendship: the blonde and very popular Glinda and a misunderstood green girl named Elphaba. Their extraordinary adventures in Oz will test their friendship to the limit and ultimately see them fulfil their destinies as Glinda The Good and the Wicked Witch of the West.
Awe-inspiring and spectacular, this gravity-defying production has been playing on Broadway since 2003 and recently completed a seven year continuous run throughout Australasia.
“The Defining Musical of the Decade.” – The New York Times
Music and Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
Book by Winnie Holzman
Based on the novel by Gregory Maguire
Orchestrations by William David Brohn
Music Arrangements Alex Lacamoire and Stephen Oremus
By arrangement with Hal Leonard Australia Pty Ltd Exclusive agent for Music Theatre International (NY)
Please Note: This production contains smoke haze, strobe lighting and loud noises
Dates & Times:
Friday 29 July 11am
Friday 29 July 7:30pm
Saturday 30 July 2pm & 7:30pm
Sunday 31 July 3pm
Wednesday 3 August 7:30pm – Available for schools to attend
Thursday 4 August 7:30pm (AUSLAN INTERPRETED)
Friday 5 August 7:30pm (AUSLAN INTERPRETED)
Saturday 6 August 2pm (AUDIO DESCRIBED) & 7:30pm
Sunday 7 August 11am & 4pm
Wednesday 10 August 7:30pm
Thursday 11 August 7:30pm
Friday 12 August 7:30pm
Saturday 13 August 2pm & 7:30pm
Please Note: Audio Description bookings are essential.
A tactile tour of the set and costumes is available prior to the performance on Saturday 6 August 2pm – Please let Box Office know that you wish to participate when you are booking your tickets. Please arrive 90 minutes prior to the performance to participate.
Please note, Season Packages are not available to purchase online. To book a season package simply fill out a Season Booking Form and submit it to Box Office by post or in person.
To receive a copy of our 2016 Season Brochure, please call Box Office on 8839 3399.
Download a copy of our Season 2016 booking form here: Season 2016 Booking Form
Suitable for Years 3 – 12
$25 per student/additional teacher (1 teacher free per 20 students) Schools – Please download and fill out the booking form
- USE BOOKING FORM OR DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE WEBSITE All bookings require a completed Booking Form. Riverside’s risk assessment can be downloaded here and education support materials (where provided) are available below.
- SEND YOUR BOOKING FORM TO US Fax or email your booking form to Riverside Education Fax: 02 9683 3267 Scan and email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: Riverside Education, PO Box 3636, Parramatta, NSW, 2124. N.B. Please do not send any payments with your booking form. Riverside will confirm your booking and then forward a tax invoice for your deposit. Bookings are made in strict order of receipt of booking forms.
- RIVERSIDE WILL CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING Riverside will confirm your booking and invoice the school for a non-refundable $125 deposit. Teachers receive complimentary seating on a 20:1 ratio (unless otherwise specified). Once you have paid your deposit, your booking is secure.
- FINAL PAYMENT You can request changes to student numbers up to 4 school weeks prior to the performance. We strongly recommend making the cut-off point for students to pay the school and confirm their attendance at around 5 – 6 weeks before the performance or workshop date, giving yourself plenty of time to confirm final numbers. Riverside will invoice you for the balance, payable 4 school weeks before your performance or workshop date. At that stage student numbers are final. Bookings cannot be held if your final payment is not received and the deposit is forfeited. An increase of numbers is possible after the final payment day and is subject to availability.
- FINAL INFORMATION SENT TO SCHOOLS A letter of confirmation will be issued instead of individual tickets if you are attending a performance that has been allocated as a schools matinee. For other general public performances, you will be issued with tickets which you will be required to collect from Box Office before the performance. Prior to your visit, we will send you detailed information via email to ensure you have a hassle-free excursion. This will include updating you on any possible changes to running times or more detailed information as it emerges from the rehearsal process. Please ensure you have given a valid email address on your booking form.
- ATTEND AND ENJOY! Seating at schools performances is general admission (unless otherwise specified) and schools will be asked to enter the theatre as a group. We advise arriving at the theatre approximately 30 minutes prior to your performance. Please note all school bookings made within 4 school weeks of a performance date must be paid in full within 1 week of confirmation and are final. There are no refunds or changes to numbers or dates on these bookings. If you have concerns about meeting the terms and conditions, please contact us on 8839 3308.
SCHOOLS ACCESS AT RIVERSIDE
For information on access at Riverside Theatre please click here.
DOWNLOAD A SOCIAL STORY
Download the social story for Riverside Theatre here: Riverside Social Story
Exclusive Novotel Sydney Parramatta accommodation package available for Wicked patrons:
– Buffet breakfast for up to 2 adults and 2 children
– 2 kids stay free (using existing bedding with paying adults)
– Complimentary internet
– 2 beverages on arrival at the hotel
Please Note: Tickets to the show are not included in this package
Dates Available & Prices:
Friday 29 July – $158
Saturday 30 July – $158
Sunday 31 July – $158
Friday 5 August – $158
Saturday 6 August – $158
Sunday 7 August – $158
Friday 12 August – $158
Saturday 13 August – $158
Call Box Office on 8839 3399 to book your package now!
PLUS – Add pre-theatre dining at 350 Restaurant & Lounge:
GALINDA / GLINDA
Wayne Scott Kermond
Monique Lewis Reynolds
GALINDA / GLINDA UNDERSTUDY
ENSEMBLE – SHIZ
Callista Banks, Cameron Boxall, Isabella Compton, Jacinta Duncan, Paul Duncan, Noah Godsell, Sophie Gospodarczyk, Sunny Jegamohan, Rebecca Morris, Joshua O’Connor, Georgia Putt, Bradley Roe, Jacinta Robertson, Katelyn Ryan, Justin Rynne, Callum Sandercock, Matilda Simmons, Megan Stack, Zoe Stewart, Jack Tier, Sophie Tzioumis, Katia Van Hilten, Dominique Viney, Bridget Woolnough
ENSEMBLE – OZ
Dylan Anderson, Mark Andres, Chloe Angel, Jacqueline Bramwell, Rebecca Campbell, Siobhan Clifford, Lucy Clifton, Hannah Date, Lana Domeney, Levi Gardner, Stephanie Gray, Michael Johnson, Lochie Kent, Jason Mackey, Jim Mitchell, Adam Ring, Rebecca Spicer, Suzanne Spiteri, Emma Taviani, Mitchell Waters, Alyssa Wilkins, Mirrae Youssef