By Rosemary Myers and Julianne O’Brien
Paul Capsis stars as one of folklore’s greatest villain’s in this deliciously wicked spin on a dark and devilish tale from the creators of South Australia Theatre and Windmill Theatre’s hit production of Pinocchio.
Spinning straw into gold is a party trick that will take you far. It can buy you a life of total luxury. But money can’t buy you everything. Two people, once best friends, torn apart by desire for the things they cannot have. This is the story of the ultimate price of greed.
Captured live on stage and screened at Riverside, this visually spectacular, energetic musical will delight the whole family!
Suitable for: Ages 8 – 108
Classification: E – Exempt from Classification
Distributor: Australian National Theatre Live/ Act2 Distribution
Dates & Times:
Tuesday 26 September at 1:30pm
Saturday 30 September at 4pm
Social stories introduce children to what they can expect when they arrive at the theatre, helping to alleviate anxiety.
Download a social story about Raffertys Theatre here: Raffertys Theatre Social Story
Autism Spectrum Guide
Autism Spectrum guides assist parents/ guardians in deciding if a show is suitable for their child.
Download an Autism Spectrum guide about Riverside Theatres, including Raffertys here: Riverside Theatres Autism Spectrum Venue Guide
Riverside is committed to making theatre accessible for all people. We are happy to be able to offer the following services to assist patrons:
• Wheelchairs – Level access from the streets lead to our foyer and continues into all venues. Space for wheelchairs is available in all venue, but must be booked through Box Office in advance.
• Courtesy Wheelchairs – A limited number of courtesy wheelchairs (standard manual wheelchairs) are available for loan if required.
• Accessible Toilets
• Disability Parking – Paid parking is available at the venue for patrons with a current disability parking permit. Please note, there is a $5 fee for parking and pre-booking through Box Office is essential as spaces are limited.
• Guide Dogs or animals trained to assist people with disabilities are welcome. Please notify Box Office if you will be attending Riverside with a Guide Dog or trained working animal.
• Hearing System – Our theatres are equipped with a hearing augmentation system that can be accessed through modern hearing aids. Headsets and receivers are also available for patrons who do not have hearing aids or whose hearing aids do not work with our system. Please notify Box Office if you require a headset.
• National Relay Service – Users who are deaf or who have a hearing impairment can call (at no cost) through the National Relay Service TTY users phone 13 36 77, then ask for 8839 3399. Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users phone 1300 555 727, then ask for 8839 3399. Internet relay users connect NRS (www.relayservice.com.au) and then ask for 8839 3399.
• NSW Companion Card – Recognised for all performances held at Riverside Theatres.
HOW TO BOOK
We do our best to accommodate everyone, but shows fill fast. Additional performances are not always possible.
- USE BOOKING FORM – CLICK THE ‘BUY NOW’ BUTTON AND THEN ‘VACATION CARE BOOKINGS’ TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
All bookings require a completed Booking Form. Risk assessments and education support materials (where provided) are available online.
- SEND YOUR BOOKING FORM TO US
Complete online (preferred), fax, email or post your booking form to Riverside Education
Fax: 02 9683 3267
Scan and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Riverside Education, PO Box 3636, Parramatta, NSW, 2124.
N.B. Please do not send any payments with your booking form. Riverside will confirm your booking and then issue a tax invoice for your deposit. Bookings are made in strict order of receipt. Please ensure you have given a valid email address on your booking form as this is our main method of communication.
- RIVERSIDE WILL CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING
Riverside will confirm your booking and invoice the school for a non-refundable 25% deposit. Teachers receive complimentary seating on a 20:1 ratio (unless otherwise stipulated). Once you have paid your deposit, your booking is secure and Riverside will issue an invoice for full payment.
- FINAL PAYMENT
Full payment is required 4 weeks prior to the performance date. A reduction of numbers is not permitted after this date. If we do not receive payment at this point we have the right to cancel your booking and you will forfeit your deposit. An increase of numbers is possible after the final payment day but is subject to availability.
Please note, all school bookings made within 4 school weeks of a performance date must be paid in full within 1 week of confirmation and are final. There are no refunds or changes to numbers or dates on these bookings.
- FINAL INFORMATION SENT TO SCHOOLS
Prior to your visit, we will send you detailed information via email to ensure you have a hassle-free excursion. This will include updating you on any possible changes to running times or more detailed information as it emerges from the rehearsal process.
- ATTEND AND ENJOY!
If you have concerns about meeting the terms and conditions, please email email@example.com or call 02 8839 3308.