Sydney Dance Company’s Frame of Mind is a wildly powerful double bill featuring the smash hit Wildebeest by Australia’s own Gabreielle Nankivell and the multi award-winning Frame of Mind from Rafael Bonachela.
Rafael Bonachela’s (Sydney Dance Company Artistic Director) Frame of Mind features a dramatic contemporary-classical soundtrack by Bryce Dessner (from American hit rock band The National), recorded by internationally renowned Kronos Quartet.
Gabrielle Nankivell’s Wildebeest is an eloquent creation and showcases the power of dancers as individuals and strength en masse. Moody and animalistic, it’s backed by a stormy and industrial score by Luke Smiles. Internationally renowned, Nankivell is this year’s recipient of the prestigious Tanja Liedtke Fellowship.
‘★★★★… a potent blend of technique, daring and playfulness.’ – Sydney Morning Herald
‘★★★★… … an ensemble of technically blessed young dynamos.’ – Herald Sun
‘★★★★… … danced crisply and flawlessly… it is passionate yet highly precise, demanding and often breath-stealing.’ – The Guardian
‘★★★★… Bonachela’s Frame of Mind delivers an emotionally engaging and overarching choreographic mastery… electric’ – Daily Review
Dates & Times:
Friday 23 June at 8pm
Saturday 24 June at 8pm
Creative Workshop for Students on Friday 23 June at 10am
Photo by Peter Greig
Suitable for Years 7 – 12
SCHOOL TICKETS $25 per student/additional teacher (1 teacher free per 20 students)
WORKSHOP TICKETS $20 – The workshop consists of contemporary dance warm-up, technique exercises, choreographic tasks from the company, and learning a section of the repertoire from Frame of Mind. The workshop runs for 2 hours.
- USE BOOKING FORM, DOWNLOAD IT OR COMPLETE IT ONLINE All bookings require a completed Booking Form. Risk assessments and education support materials (where provided) are available online.
- SEND YOUR BOOKING FORM TO US Complete online (preferred), fax, email or post your booking form to Riverside Education Fax: 02 9683 3267 Scan and email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: Riverside Education, PO Box 3636, Parramatta, NSW, 2124.
N.B. Please do not send any payments with your booking form. Riverside will confirm your booking and then issue a tax invoice for your deposit. Bookings are made in strict order of receipt. Please ensure you have given a valid email address on your booking form as this is our main method of communication.
- RIVERSIDE WILL CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING Riverside will confirm your booking and invoice the school for a non-refundable 25% deposit. Teachers receive complimentary seating on a 20:1 ratio (unless otherwise stipulated). Once you have paid your deposit, your booking is secure and Riverside will issue an invoice for full payment.
- FINAL PAYMENT Full payment is required 4 weeks prior to the performance date. If we do not receive payment OR proof of your DoE purchase order, we have the right to cancel your booking and you will forfeit your deposit.
PUBLIC SCHOOLS – DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (DoE) PAYMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS The DoE takes 30 days from an invoice being submitted to payment being received by Riverside, therefore we MUST have full payment OR proof that the purchase order has been submitted to the DoE no later than four weeks prior to the performance date. This is a new system for many public schools so we strongly recommend receiving monies and permission slips at least 7 weeks before the payment is due. This will allow any final changes in numbers (subject to availability). We cannot reduce numbers after payment has been received.
ALL OTHER SCHOOLS (INCLUDING INDEPENDENT AND CATHOLIC) Confirmation of final numbers and final balance is required four weeks prior to the performance date. A reduction of numbers is not permitted after this date.
An increase of numbers is possible after the final payment day but is subject to availability. Please note, all school bookings made within 4 school weeks of a performance date must be paid in full within 1 week of confirmation and are final. There are no refunds or changes to numbers or dates on these bookings.
- FINAL INFORMATION SENT TO SCHOOLS Prior to your visit, we will send you detailed information via email to ensure you have a hassle-free excursion. This will include updating you on any possible changes to running times or more detailed information as it emerges from the rehearsal process.
- ATTEND AND ENJOY! If you have concerns about meeting the terms and conditions, please email email@example.com or call 02 8839 3308.
STUDENT AND TEACHER RESOURCES For curriculum links click here
SCHOOLS ACCESS AT RIVERSIDE For information on access at Riverside Theatre please click here.
DOWNLOAD A SOCIAL STORY Download the social story for Riverside Theatre here.
Frame of Mind
Choreographer: Rafael Bonachela
Designer: Ralph Myers
Costume Design Realisation: Aleisa Jelbart
Lighting Designer: Benjamin Cisterne
Dramaturgical Consultant: Samuel Webster
Aheym for String Quartet, Little Blue Something and Tenebre, written by Bryce David Dessner Published by Chester Music By kind permission of the Music Sales Group Bryce Dessner’s Aheym for String Quartet, Little Blue Something and Tenebre, were written for Kronos Quartet and appear on Kronos’ ANTI- release Aheym: Kronos Quartet plays music by Bryce Dessner.
Choreographer: Gabrielle Nankivell
Costume Designer: Fiona Holley
Sound Designer & Composer: Luke Smiles, motion laboratories
Lighting Designer: Benjamin Cisterne