“That’s what West is: shiny cars and loud things, people coming, people going-movement. Those who don’t know any better, they come in to the neighbourhood and lock their windows and drive on through, never stopping before they get somewhere else.”
Charcoal chicken, a white Pontiac Trans Am, the Council pool. Michael is living in the shadow of his older brother Dom. The biggest guy in the school. Best car in the West.
The guy who just can’t help but grab everyone’s attention. The guy with the girlfriend with the huge-arse hair. When he is gone Michael roams the streets, navigating life, friendship, love and family.
Commissioned from local Parramatta author Felicity Castagna based on her multi award winning novel and performed by Australia’s newest theatre company, The Incredible Here and Now takes the emptiness and fills it with growth.
To celebrate the production the Incredible Here and Now, National Theatre of Parramatta are offering a limited number of tailored in school workshops with award winning author Felicity Castagna. Expressions of Interest should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DATES & TIMES
Thursday 13 July at 7.30pm (Preview)
Friday 14 July at 7.30pm
Saturday 15 July at 2pm & 7.30pm
Tuesday 18 July at 11am
Thursday 20 July at 10.30am
Friday 21 July at 7.30pm
Saturday 22 July at 2.15pm and 7.30pm
Suitable for Years 9 – 12 SCHOOL TICKETS $22 per student/additional teacher (1 teacher free per 20 students) FROM THE PROGRAM COORDINATOR… Felicity Castagna is one of Western Sydney’s most inspiring writers, so if you haven’t picked up The Incredible Here and Now do so straight away. This is a story about being young, making mistakes and acquiring the sense to accept the realities of life. The INCREDIBLY TRUTHFUL VOICE of the protagonist will resonate with students across the board giving young people the rare opportunity to SEE THEIR LIVES REFELECTED ON STAGE. With a sensitively handled portrayal of a very real family, you will leave the theatre with eyes widened and heart opened. Addresses key outcomes in both English and Drama but also important PDHPE learning around managing circumstances, individual and community health. BOOKING STEP-BY-STEP
- USE BOOKING FORM, DOWNLOAD IT OR COMPLETE IT ONLINE All bookings require a completed Booking Form. Risk assessments and education support materials (where provided) are available online.
- SEND YOUR BOOKING FORM TO US Complete online (preferred), fax, email or post your booking form to Riverside Education Fax: 02 9683 3267 Scan and email: email@example.com Mail: Riverside Education, PO Box 3636, Parramatta, NSW, 2124.
N.B. Please do not send any payments with your booking form. Riverside will confirm your booking and then issue a tax invoice for your deposit. Bookings are made in strict order of receipt. Please ensure you have given a valid email address on your booking form as this is our main method of communication.
- RIVERSIDE WILL CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING Riverside will confirm your booking and invoice the school for a non-refundable 25% deposit. Teachers receive complimentary seating on a 20:1 ratio (unless otherwise stipulated). Once you have paid your deposit, your booking is secure and Riverside will issue an invoice for full payment.
- FINAL PAYMENT Full payment is required 4 weeks prior to the performance date. If we do not receive payment OR proof of your DoE purchase order, we have the right to cancel your booking and you will forfeit your deposit.
PUBLIC SCHOOLS – DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (DoE) PAYMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS The DoE takes 30 days from an invoice being submitted to payment being received by Riverside, therefore we MUST have full payment OR proof that the purchase order has been submitted to the DoE no later than four weeks prior to the performance date. This is a new system for many public schools so we strongly recommend receiving monies and permission slips at least 7 weeks before the payment is due. This will allow any final changes in numbers (subject to availability). We cannot reduce numbers after payment has been received. ALL OTHER SCHOOLS (INCLUDING INDEPENDENT AND CATHOLIC) Confirmation of final numbers and final balance is required four weeks prior to the performance date. A reduction of numbers is not permitted after this date. An increase of numbers is possible after the final payment day but is subject to availability. Please note, all school bookings made within 4 school weeks of a performance date must be paid in full within 1 week of confirmation and are final. There are no refunds or changes to numbers or dates on these bookings.
- FINAL INFORMATION SENT TO SCHOOLS Prior to your visit, we will send you detailed information via email to ensure you have a hassle-free excursion. This will include updating you on any possible changes to running times or more detailed information as it emerges from the rehearsal process.
- ATTEND AND ENJOY! If you have concerns about meeting the terms and conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 8839 3308.
STUDENT AND TEACHER RESOURCES For curriculum links click here SCHOOLS ACCESS AT RIVERSIDE For information on access at Riverside Theatre please click here. DOWNLOAD A SOCIAL STORY Download the social story for Riverside Theatre here.
Jeneffa Soldatic and Wayne Harrison
Sound Design By
Sean Van Doornum
Lighting Design By
Aunt Leena/ Esther/ Sal