Riverside Theatres Presents
Clock and Spiel Productions
FREUD’S LAST SESSION
By Mark St. Germain
Freud’s Last Session centres on legendary psychoanalyst – Dr. Sigmund Freud – who invites the young, rising Oxford Don – C.S. Lewis – to his home in London. On the day England enters the Second World War, Freud and Lewis clash passionately about love, sex, the existence of God, and the meaning of life, just weeks before Freud was to take his own.
Freud’s Last Session is a deeply touching play filled with humour and exploring the minds, hearts and souls of two of the 20th Century’s most brilliant thinkers as they address life’s biggest questions. An imagined meeting which delivers real human insight and emotional impact.
- This performance contains loud noises of an air raid siren which may be triggering to some audience members.
- If Freud’s Last Session raises any concerns for you following the performance, Lifeline offers a 24 hour counselling service and can be reached at 13 11 14 . Additional information can be found on their website, www.lifeline.org.au. Other services which may be of assistance include mental health advocacy organisation, Beyond Blue (www.beyondblue.org.au, 1300 224 636 ) or speak to your local GP or trusted source.
- There is a lockout period and all latecomers will be seated at the first suitable moment in the performance.
- *Please contact Box Office directly for group bookings of 8 or more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 8839 3399.
- **This show is eligible for the Evening Excursions initiative for school bookings, 1 free teacher per 20 students, or $23 for any additional, click here to find out more.
Riverside Theatres is a registered COVID Safe venue with the NSW Government. The health and safety of all Riverside patrons and staff is at the forefront of all our operations. Our policies are consistently reviewed and will be updated in line with NSW Health guidelines and advice. Please review our Conditions of Entry & Patron Safety page prior to attending Riverside Theatres for the most up-to-date information.
If you have any questions and would like to discuss this with a member of our team, please contact our Box Office staff on 02 8839 3399 or email email@example.com
Thank you for keeping our community safe.
Sigmund Freud – Nicholas Papademetriou
C.S. Lewis – Yannick Lawry
Director – Hailey McQueen
Stage Manager – Natalie Low
Production Designer – Tyler Ray Hawkins
Production Designer – Kaitlyn Symons
Lighting Designer – Emma Lockhart-Wilson
Sound Designer – Adam Jones
“There is some truly marvellous acting in this detailed and precise production. The styling of this production is wonderful, with an attention to detail that is museum quality, including the famous analytic furniture piece, which is as perfectly recreated as the rest of the physical space.” – Judith Greenaway, Artshub.
“Very few theatrical productions (and films) these days seek to engage us intellectually… it is as important to remember to think and discuss robustly as well as feel, and surely this is a function of theatre. Director Hailey McQueen gives us a play which challenges us to fully engage our minds, not just our senses.” – Kate Stratford, On The Town/ Theatre Now.
“Lawry is deft as Lewis, his respect of Freud’s work is apparent yet he delves into his own belief system vigorously. Papademetriou is at his best here: he plays Freud with meticulous detail from the Austrian accent to the physical tics that abound from the painful mouth cancer that he suffers from.” – Joy Minter, The Buzz from Sydney.