WORKING WITH US
Looking to work in a dynamic environment? Consider applying at Riverside today! All Riverside vacancies are advertised on this website.
CURRENT FULL-TIME POSITIONS VACANT
CURRENT CASUAL/CONTRACT POSITIONS
Theatre Operator Intermediate – Audio Technician / Audio Operator (Casual position)
About the role
The Audio technician / Audio operator will be working closely with the Technical Coordinators, Technical Team Leader and the Duty Technicians in the delivery of performances and events within the venue. The successful candidate will have proven experience operating in a theatre environment in the discipline of Audio.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of high level customer service to hirers, production companies, artists, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Reporting any equipment that is found to be faulty in accordance with the appropriate technical standards and/or other statutory requirements.
- Adhering to the best practice WHS management and operating procedures.
- Setup, patch and operate audio equipment from plans and specifications supplied by clients to fulfil design needs.
- Work cohesively with the Duty Technician and other Technicians in all theatre disciplines to achieve the specifications required by the client.
About the person
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Advanced level skill in the operation of the digital audio consoles.
- Advanced skill in the ability to read and interpret a sound plan.
- Advanced skill in the ability to setup, patch and tune audio equipment and act as a Head of Audio leading a team.
- Proven experience in venues, arts or creative industries in live audio.
- Tertiary and/or other technical qualifications relevant to live theatre / events or experience in a multi-venue live theatre environment.
- Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights.
- High level communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills.
To be considered for this role you will ideally possess:
- Sound knowledge of Work, Health and Safety legislation.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and ability to work under pressure.
- An attention to detail when working in a team environment.
- A working knowledge of other theatre disciplines such as Mechanist, Lighting or Vision.
- Test and tag licence.
- Working at heights certification.
- First aid certification.
- Yellow card.
Applications close 9pm 4th Feb 2022.
Work Experience/Internship Positions
Work Experience for secondary students, please contact the Work Placement Coordinator Peter Troup at AusSIP on 0404 807 266 or send him an email.
Internship placements are by invitation, please forward your letter of enquiry to email@example.com .
TIPS ON HOW TO PREPARE YOUR APPLICATION
To apply for a position you need to provide a written application. To ensure you give yourself the best chance of being short-listed for a position you should do the following:
Read the Job Advertisement and Position Description Carefully
The Job Advertisement and Position Description help you decide whether the position is suitable for you, including the salary, employment conditions, duties and responsibilities. In addition, the Position Description identifies the key Selection Criteria and personal qualities required for the position in relation to qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, interpersonal style and attributes.
Complete your CV and Cover Letter
Your Curriculum Vitae (CV) should be updated, clear and concise and provide an outline of your personal details, education and training, employment history and dates of previous positions. In addition, you should provide the contact details for two recent referees. Your Cover Letter should provide a general overview of your experience, a brief outline of which position you are applying for and the reasons why you are interested in the vacancy. For all positions, these need to be uploaded through the City of Parramatta Council online application process.
Responding to Selection Criteria
Some positions require you to include responses to Selection Criteria with your application. Your responses should concisely and fully describe how you consider yourself suitable against each of the Selection Criteria and where possible provide examples. Your statement addressing the Selection Criteria should be no more than 3 pages in length.
The wording of the Selection Criteria indicates the required level of knowledge, skills and abilities needed for the position. Examples include:
- Demonstrated or proven ability means that you should have successfully performed the activity or used the skill in the past/actual experience rather than just having potential;
- General ability or general knowledge implies that you have the potential to acquire the skill or knowledge – if you have not had direct experience with the aspects of work required in the position you could demonstrate your ability by comparing it to similar or equivalent responsibilities, tasks, etc. or relevant studies undertaken; and
- Thorough, sound or high level gives an indication that advanced skill or knowledge is required.
Please note that if your application does not address each Selection Criteria when it is required, you reduce your chance of being short-listed for interview.
Complete the Position Application Form (Full time positions)
When applying for a full time position application is made online. The Position Vacancy Application Form is completed online once you select Apply Online. This process is through the City of Parramatta Council online application form.