By William Shakespeare
Tamsin Greig is Malvolia in a new twist on Shakespeare’s classic comedy of mistaken identity.
A ship is wrecked on the rocks. Viola is washed ashore but her twin brother Sebastian is lost. Determined to survive on her own, she steps out to explore a new land. So begins a whirlwind of mistaken identity and unrequited love.
The nearby households of Olivia and Orsino are overrun with passion. Even Olivia’s upright housekeeper Malvolia is swept up in the madness. Where music is the food of love, and nobody is quite what they seem, anything proves possible.
Simon Godwin (NT Live: Man and Superman, NT Live: The Beaux’ Stratagem) directs this joyous new production with Tamsin Greig (Friday Night Dinner, Black Books, Episodes) as a transformed Malvolia, an ensemble cast that includes Daniel Rigby (Flowers, Jericho), Tamara Lawrence (Undercover), Doon Mackichan (Smack the Pony) and Daniel Ezra (The Missing, Undercover).
Captured live on stage in London and screened at Riverside.
Classification: E – Exempt from Classification
Distributor: Sharmill Films
GENERAL PUBLIC SCREENINGS
Dates & Times:
Saturday 3 June 1pm
Friday 9 June 7pm
Sunday 11 June 1pm
Schools Cinema On Demand:
This film is available for schools to select as part of our Cinema on Demand program from 3 June 2017 to 5 April 2018. For more info please click here.
Twelfth Night is available for Schools Cinema on Demand bookings from 3 June 2017 to 5 April 2018. For more info please click here.
STEP 1: Choose your film.
STEP 2: Nominate date options for your screening. Note: Dates must be within the available date range for the specific film you choose.
STEP 3: Download, fill out and send back the Cinema on Demand Schools Booking Form.
STEP 4: A Riverside Theatres customer service representative will be in touch to confirm your screening.
Venue: Raffertys Theatre
Minimum Booking: 20 students
- USE BOOKING FORM OR DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE WEBSITE All bookings require a completed Booking Form. Riverside’s risk assessment can be downloaded here and education support materials (where provided) are available below.
- SEND YOUR BOOKING FORM TO US Fax or email your booking form to Riverside Education Fax: 02 9683 3267 Scan and email: email@example.com Mail: Riverside Education, PO Box 3636, Parramatta, NSW, 2124. N.B. Please do not send any payments with your booking form. Riverside will confirm your booking and then forward a tax invoice for your deposit. Bookings are made in strict order of receipt of booking forms.
- RIVERSIDE WILL CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING Riverside will confirm your booking and invoice the school for a non-refundable $125 deposit. Teachers receive complimentary seating on a 20:1 ratio (unless otherwise specified). Once you have paid your deposit, your booking is secure.
- FINAL PAYMENT You can request changes to student numbers up to 4 school weeks prior to the performance. We strongly recommend making the cut-off point for students to pay the school and confirm their attendance at around 5 – 6 weeks before the performance or workshop date, giving yourself plenty of time to confirm final numbers. Riverside will invoice you for the balance, payable 4 school weeks before your performance or workshop date. At that stage student numbers are final. Bookings cannot be held if your final payment is not received and the deposit is forfeited. An increase of numbers is possible after the final payment day and is subject to availability.
- FINAL INFORMATION SENT TO SCHOOLS A letter of confirmation will be issued instead of individual tickets if you are attending a performance that has been allocated as a schools matinee. For other general public performances, you will be issued with tickets which you will be required to collect from Box Office before the performance. Prior to your visit, we will send you detailed information via email to ensure you have a hassle-free excursion. This will include updating you on any possible changes to running times or more detailed information as it emerges from the rehearsal process. Please ensure you have given a valid email address on your booking form.
- ATTEND AND ENJOY! Seating at schools performances is general admission (unless otherwise specified) and schools will be asked to enter the theatre as a group. We advise arriving at the theatre approximately 30 minutes prior to your performance. Please note all school bookings made within 4 school weeks of a performance date must be paid in full within 1 week of confirmation and are final. There are no refunds or changes to numbers or dates on these bookings. If you have concerns about meeting the terms and conditions, please contact us on 8839 3308.
SCHOOLS ACCESS AT RIVERSIDE
For information on access at Riverside Theatre please click here.
DOWNLOAD A SOCIAL STORY
Download the social story for Raffertys Theatre here: Raffertys Social Story