Due to popular demand, this 5 star production returns to our big screen for a limited time!
Richard Armitage stars in Arthur Miller’s classic American drama, based on Salem’s infamous witch trials, brought vividly to life in this visceral production by internationally acclaimed director Yaël Farber.
In a small tight-knit community in Salem, Massachusetts, personal grievances collide with lust and superstition, fuelling widespread hysteria. Miller’s timeless parable attacks the evils of mindless persecution and the terrifying power of false accusations.
Richard Armitage’s film and TV credits include The Hobbit trilogy, Into the Storm, Captain America: The First Avenger and Spooks. Theatre includes The Duchess of Malfi and Macbeth for RSC.
Yaël Farber is a multiple award-winning director and playwright. Her production of Mies Julie won a string of international awards at the 2012 Edinburgh Festival, was named one of the Top Ten Productions of 2012 by The New York Times, and Top Five Productions of 2012 by The Guardian.
Arthur Miller is one of America’s greatest playwrights. His many plays include All My Sons, Death of a Salesman and A View from the Bridge.
Captured live on stage at The Old Vic in London and screened at Riverside.
Classification: E – Exempt from Classification
Distributor: Cinema Live
GENERAL PUBLIC SCREENINGS
Dates & Times:
Saturday 28 October 2017 at 1pm
Sunday 29 October 2017 at 1pm (from 5pm Saturday October 28 tickets for this performance will only be available at the door)
Schools Cinema On Demand:
This film is available for schools to select as part of our Cinema on Demand program from now until 31 December 2017. For more info please click here.
|John Proctor||Richard Armitage|
|Thomas Putnam||Harry Attwell|
|Abigail Williams||Samantha Colley|
|Betty Parris||Marama Corlett|
|Deputy Governor Danforth||Jack Ellis|
|Rebecca Nurse||Ann Firbank|
|Giles Corey||William Gaunt|
|Mary Warren||Natalie Gavin|
|Judge Hathorne||Christopher Godwin|
|Voice of Martha Corey||Catherine Hammond|
|Elizabeth Proctor||Anna Madeley|
|Sarah Good||Paddy Navin|
|Marshall Herrick||Tom Peters|
|Francis Nurse||Neil Salvage|
|Ann Putnam||Rebecca Saire|
|Reverend John Hale||Adrian Schiller|
|Reverend Parris||Michael Thomas|
|Ezekiel Cheever||Alan Vicary|
|Susannah Walcott||Daisy Waterstone|
|Mercy Lewis||Zara White|
ENCORE: The Crucible is available for Schools Cinema on Demand bookings from now until 31 December 2017. For more info please click here.
STEP 1: Choose your film.
STEP 2: Nominate date options for your screening. Note: Dates must be within the available date range for the specific film you choose.
STEP 3: Download, fill out and send back the Cinema on Demand Schools Booking Form.
STEP 4: A Riverside Theatres customer service representative will be in touch to confirm your screening.
Venue: Raffertys Theatre
Minimum Booking: 20 students
- USE BOOKING FORM OR DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE WEBSITE All bookings require a completed Booking Form. Riverside’s risk assessment can be downloaded here and education support materials (where provided) are available below.
- SEND YOUR BOOKING FORM TO US Fax or email your booking form to Riverside Education Fax: 02 9683 3267 Scan and email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: Riverside Education, PO Box 3636, Parramatta, NSW, 2124. N.B. Please do not send any payments with your booking form. Riverside will confirm your booking and then forward a tax invoice for your deposit. Bookings are made in strict order of receipt of booking forms.
- RIVERSIDE WILL CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING Riverside will confirm your booking and invoice the school for a non-refundable $125 deposit. Teachers receive complimentary seating on a 20:1 ratio (unless otherwise specified). Once you have paid your deposit, your booking is secure.
- FINAL PAYMENT You can request changes to student numbers up to 4 school weeks prior to the performance. We strongly recommend making the cut-off point for students to pay the school and confirm their attendance at around 5 – 6 weeks before the performance or workshop date, giving yourself plenty of time to confirm final numbers. Riverside will invoice you for the balance, payable 4 school weeks before your performance or workshop date. At that stage student numbers are final. Bookings cannot be held if your final payment is not received and the deposit is forfeited. An increase of numbers is possible after the final payment day and is subject to availability.
- FINAL INFORMATION SENT TO SCHOOLS A letter of confirmation will be issued instead of individual tickets if you are attending a performance that has been allocated as a schools matinee. For other general public performances, you will be issued with tickets which you will be required to collect from Box Office before the performance. Prior to your visit, we will send you detailed information via email to ensure you have a hassle-free excursion. This will include updating you on any possible changes to running times or more detailed information as it emerges from the rehearsal process. Please ensure you have given a valid email address on your booking form.
- ATTEND AND ENJOY! Seating at schools performances is general admission (unless otherwise specified) and schools will be asked to enter the theatre as a group. We advise arriving at the theatre approximately 30 minutes prior to your performance. Please note all school bookings made within 4 school weeks of a performance date must be paid in full within 1 week of confirmation and are final. There are no refunds or changes to numbers or dates on these bookings. If you have concerns about meeting the terms and conditions, please contact us on 8839 3308.
SCHOOLS ACCESS AT RIVERSIDE
For information on access at Riverside Theatre please click here.
DOWNLOAD A SOCIAL STORY
Download the social story for Raffertys Theatre here: Raffertys Social Story