The search is on for Australia’s funniest teens!!!
Class Clowns is Melbourne International Comedy Festival’s one-of-a-kind, national comedy competition for teenagers in secondary schools around the country.
Many past participants have gone on to have successful comedy careers as solo stand-up performers, in sketch comedy groups, as writers for primetime television and as producers and directors. Josh Thomas, Tom Ballard, Joel Creasey and YouTube superstar Neel Kolhatkar just to name a few!
Class Clowns competition encourages teens from age 14-18 with a talent for comedy to unleash their comic voice. This can be through stand up, sketch or musical comedy – any format goes as long as it is only 3-5 minutes long! State Final winners go through to the National Grand Final, held at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival in April 2017. They’ll also be in the running to win a $2500 prize package for themselves and their school!
Tuesday 21 March at 7pm
NSW State Final
Tuesday 28 March at 7pm
Suitable for Years 9 – 12
SCHOOL TICKETS $10 heats / $12 Finals per student/additional teacher (1 teacher free per 20 students)
- USE BOOKING FORM, DOWNLOAD IT OR COMPLETE IT ONLINE All bookings require a completed Booking Form. Risk assessments and education support materials (where provided) are available online.
- SEND YOUR BOOKING FORM TO US Complete online (preferred), fax, email or post your booking form to Riverside Education Fax: 02 9683 3267 Scan and email: email@example.com Mail: Riverside Education, PO Box 3636, Parramatta, NSW, 2124.
N.B. Please do not send any payments with your booking form. Riverside will confirm your booking and then issue a tax invoice for your deposit. Bookings are made in strict order of receipt. Please ensure you have given a valid email address on your booking form as this is our main method of communication.
- RIVERSIDE WILL CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING Riverside will confirm your booking and invoice the school for a non-refundable 25% deposit. Teachers receive complimentary seating on a 20:1 ratio (unless otherwise stipulated). Once you have paid your deposit, your booking is secure and Riverside will issue an invoice for full payment.
- FINAL PAYMENT Full payment is required 4 weeks prior to the performance date. If we do not receive payment OR proof of your DoE purchase order, we have the right to cancel your booking and you will forfeit your deposit.
PUBLIC SCHOOLS – DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (DoE) PAYMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS The DoE takes 30 days from an invoice being submitted to payment being received by Riverside, therefore we MUST have full payment OR proof that the purchase order has been submitted to the DoE no later than four weeks prior to the performance date. This is a new system for many public schools so we strongly recommend receiving monies and permission slips at least 7 weeks before the payment is due. This will allow any final changes in numbers (subject to availability). We cannot reduce numbers after payment has been received.
ALL OTHER SCHOOLS (INCLUDING INDEPENDENT AND CATHOLIC) Confirmation of final numbers and final balance is required four weeks prior to the performance date. A reduction of numbers is not permitted after this date.
An increase of numbers is possible after the final payment day but is subject to availability. Please note, all school bookings made within 4 school weeks of a performance date must be paid in full within 1 week of confirmation and are final. There are no refunds or changes to numbers or dates on these bookings.
- FINAL INFORMATION SENT TO SCHOOLS Prior to your visit, we will send you detailed information via email to ensure you have a hassle-free excursion. This will include updating you on any possible changes to running times or more detailed information as it emerges from the rehearsal process.
- ATTEND AND ENJOY! If you have concerns about meeting the terms and conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 8839 3308.
STUDENT AND TEACHER RESOURCES For curriculum links click here
SCHOOLS ACCESS AT RIVERSIDE For information on access at Riverside Theatre please click here.
DOWNLOAD A SOCIAL STORY Download the social story for Riverside Theatre here.