Page To Stage
National Theatre of Parramatta is thrilled to announce the launch of our inaugural playwriting mentorship program, Page to Stage , taking place between October 2016 and December 2017.
Presented in association with Playwriting Australia we are offering facilitation and mentorship for stage writers. This high level training program provides a unique opportunity for writers to see their plays come to life over a fifteen month period. This free program is aimed at nurturing and developing committed writers who live and/or work in Western Sydney to embed their work into the Australian theatre culture.
National Theatre of Parramatta aims to raise the profile of performance, and engage the imagination and creative ideas of Western Sydney. At the same time we are committed to capacity building in the region through education, mentorships, and more.
10 playwrights have been selected to undertake an intensive playwriting course that includes mentorship and script development opportunities over an eight to fifteen-month period.
Applications to our Page To Stage program are closed. For other playwriting and professional development opportunities make sure to sign up to our newsletter or check the Engage page on the website.
- Workshop salons including craft discussions ;
- Dramaturgical support
- Dedicated dramaturgical support for up to 6 participants.
- An opportunity to participate in a weekend/weeklong intensive to workshop their play ideas and scene;
- A potential showcase opportunity at the National Play Festival 2018, Playwriting Australia’s major annual event celebrating new Australian works.
- A potential for the play in development to be featured in the National Theatre of Parramatta program
- Membership to our Playwrights of Parramatta program.
|28 August 2016||Expressions of interest close|
|End of September 2016||Writers advised of their inclusion|
|8 & 9 October 2016||Refresher course (to be confirmed)|
|15 October 2016||First session|
|29 October 2016||Second session|
|12 November 2016||Third session|
|26 November 2016||Fourth session|
|BREAK OVER CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR|
|28 January 2017||Fifth session|
|11 February 2017||Sixth session|
|25 February 2017||Seventh session|
|11 March 2017||Eighth session|
|25 March 2017||Ninth session|
|8 April 2017||Tenth session|
|May 2017||Pitch sessions. Participants chosen for next stage|
|June – September 2017||Participants have an opportunity to redraft|
|Early October 2017||Participants chosen for readings|
|October – December 2017||Workshop and Showings|