Page To Stage
Riverside’s National Theatre of Parramatta’s inaugural playwriting mentorship program, Page to Stage , took place in 2016-2017.
Presented in association with Playwriting Australia we offered facilitation and mentorship for stage writers. This high level training program provided a unique opportunity for writers to see their plays come to life over a fifteen month period. This free program was aimed at nurturing and developing committed writers who live and/or work in Western Sydney to embed their work into the Australian theatre culture.
Riverside’s National Theatre of Parramatta aims to raise the profile of performance, and engage the imagination and creative ideas of Western Sydney. At the same time we are committed to capacity building in the region through education, mentorships, and more.
10 playwrights were selected to undertake an intensive playwriting course that includes mentorship and script development opportunities over an eight to fifteen-month period.
Applications to our Page To Stage program are closed. Stay tuned for future opportunities.
For other playwriting and professional development opportunities make sure to sign up to our newsletter or check the Engage page on the website.
- Workshop salons including craft discussions ;
- Dramaturgical support
- Dedicated dramaturgical support for up to 6 participants.
- An opportunity to participate in a weekend/weeklong intensive to workshop their play ideas and scene;
- A potential showcase opportunity at the National Play Festival 2018, Playwriting Australia’s major annual event celebrating new Australian works.
- A potential for the play in development to be featured in the Riverside’s National Theatre of Parramatta program
- Membership to our Playwrights of Parramatta program.