Directors Professional Development Program
We would like to invite applications from directors to be part of our Directors Professional Development (DPD) 2019 program. The aim of this program is to create a space for directors to attend productions and participate in a conversation with a theatrical professional about the craft of playwriting and directing and also a chance to interact with Playwrights of Parramatta. This is a professional development opportunity available for up to 10 successful applicants.
About the Program:
NTofP invites DPD participants to a selection of theatrical productions at Riverside Theatres. After the show, a theatrical professional will facilitate a discussion about the work. Tickets to these performances’ will be included in the program. Participants must attend the post show discussion to receive tickets.
2019 DPD Performance Schedule
|Saturday 23 March 2019||Grounded||2:15pm|
|Saturday 6 April 2019||Every Brilliant Thing||2.15pm|
|Thursday 18 April 2019||Junk||6.30pm|
|Thursday 2 May 2019||Animal Farm||6.45pm|
|Saturday 18 May 2019||The Humours of Bandon||2:15pm|
|Saturday 29 June 2019||Girl in the Machine||2:15pm|
|Saturday 6 July 2019||Prima Facie||2:15pm|
|Saturday 14 September 2019||Comedy of Errors||2:30pm|
|Saturday 28 September 2019||The Sapphires||2:15pm|
|Saturday 23 November 2019||To be Honest||2:15pm|
- Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to directing.
- Successful applicants will be advised end of February 2019.
- Applicants should be available to participate for the Program period, which runs from 23 March to 23 November 2019.
- The successful applicants will need to pay a non refundable $50.00 membership fee.
Terms and Conditions (T & C’s)
It is expected that participants will commit to the following T & C’s and if participants do not, NTofP reserves the right to discontinue involvement in the program. Membership fees will not be reimbursed should this occur.
It is expected that participants will commit to the following:
- Attend a minimum of seven plays at Riverside Theatres from the above dates, including at least two National Theatre of Parramatta productions. Participants are required to show their commitment to the program by attending the required number of events.
- Submit a report if requested, evaluating the performance and discussion attended of a nominated play.
- Successful applicants are required to join our DPD Facebook group, for updates and communications. Participants are required to attend the post show discussion. We are not able to issue show tickets if participants are unable to attend the post show discussion.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Applications to the DPD Program will close on Thursday 14 Feb 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will be required to complete the following application to be considered.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Complete the application below or HERE
CLOSING DATE 14 Feb 2019
Please direct any questions about the program to Cassandra Bayley CBayley@nationaltheatreofparramatta.com.au