Directors Professional Development Program
Applications for 2020 now open.
The aim of this program is to create a space for directors to attend productions and participate in a conversation with a theatrical professional about the craft of playwriting and directing and also a chance to interact with Playwrights of Parramatta. This is a professional development opportunity available for up to 10 successful applicants.
We would like to invite applications from directors with a proven commitment to Western Sydney to be part of our Directors Professional Development (DPD) 2020 program. The aim of the 2020 DPP program is to create a space for directors to attend new productions and participate in a conversation with a theatrical professional to engage with the craft of directing. This process is a professional development opportunity to enhance the DPD participant’s directing skills.
This is an intimate, exclusive offer for up to 10 successful applicants. See below for eligibility, application form and T&C’s. This is your chance to learn from Various Arts Industry Professionals. This program is not the forum for pitching your projects, please see our website pages on ParraPitch and Creative Hello for this.
About the Program:
NTofP invites DPD participants to a selection of theatrical productions at Riverside Theatres. After the show, a theatrical professional will facilitate a discussion about the work. Tickets to these performances’ will be included in the program. Participants must attend the post show discussion to receive tickets.
2020 POP Performance Schedule
|Saturday 21 March 2020||POP 1 – Family Values||2:15pm|
|Wednesday 1 April 2020||POP 2 – Cusp||6:30pm|
|Saturday 9 May 2020||POP 3 – Grace under Pressure||7:45pm|
|Saturday 30 May 2020||
POP 4 – Good with maps
|Saturday 20 June 2020||POP 5 – Double Bill Stage West: The Sorry Mum Project and Let me know when you get home (NTofP)||2:15pm|
|Saturday 1 August 2020||POP 6 – Freud’s Last Session||2:15pm|
|Saturday 29 August 2020||POP 7 – Blue Bones
|Saturday 26 September 2020||POP 8 – Zombie Thoughts (NTofP)||3:00pm|
|Saturday 14 November 2019||POP 10 – Things I could never tell Steven (NTofP)
Applicants must demonstrate a proven commitment to Western Sydney.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to directing.
- Successful applicants will be advised at the end of February
- Applicants should be available to participate for the Program period, which runs from 21 March to 14 November 2020.
- The successful applicants will need to pay a $100.00 membership fee. If you have an income issue, please email NTofP outlining this, for assessment. Please send emails to CBayley@nationaltheatreofparramatta.com.au
Terms and Conditions (T & C’s)
It is expected that participants will commit to the following T & C’s and if participants do not, NTofP reserves the right to discontinue involvement in the program. Membership fees will not be reimbursed should this occur.
It is expected that participants will commit to the following:
- Attend a minimum of seven plays at Riverside Theatres from the above dates, including at least two National Theatre of Parramatta productions. Participants are required to show their commitment to the program by attending the required number of events.
- Submit a report if requested, evaluating the performance and discussion attended of a nominated play.
- Successful applicants are required to join our POP/DPD Facebook group, for updates and communications. Participants are required to attend the post show discussion. We are not able to issue show tickets if participants are unable to attend the post show discussion.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Applications to the DPD Program will close on Sunday 2 Feb 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will be required to complete the following Application to be considered.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Complete the application – HERE
CLOSING DATE 2 Feb 2020
LISTEN TO THE TALKS THAT HAVE ALREADY OCCURRED